Monday, July 20, 2009

2009 Hot Wheels Mystery Cars

This year the mystery continues with the release of the 2009 Mystery car series. I have mentioned my feelings about this series in previous posts, but in typical Mattel style they managed to come up with another gimmick to keep my interest. This years Mystery car lineup contains the regular assortment of repaints with one interesting twist. The #2 of 24 is the Ferrari 430 Challenge. It is a magnificent casting with awesome tampos - and in beautiful red no less. You can't search the pegs for this car as a First edition. You can only find it behind the black bubble. I was very pleased when a family member brought a few back and the Ferrari was among them. I have the pics from those at my new hot wheels collecting web site. As in the past, I don't think I will be collecting too many of these as I am not keen on getting too many doubles, but the prospect of having another Ferrari is still tempting...