Tuesday, July 21, 2009

2009 First Editions - Nissan GT-R


Another awesome year for new castings. I have a bit of time now so i will try to capture my thoughts on the year so far. Some of my favorite cars old and new have been or will be released in 2009 as First Editions.

The Nissan GT-R is a car that defies classification - It has a shape that does not accurately come across in photos or even in the spotlights and pedestals of a car show. To truly appreciate its design is to see one in its element - on the road. It has a certain presence. As good as the Hot wheels version is, I'm afraid that "road presence" was not captured in the mould. Before I pass judgement I would like to see it in a darker colour - maybe blue, with a heavier tint to the glass. With the amout of variations and repaints I'm sure they'll capture the magic a bit more.