Saturday, July 3, 2010

All Time Favorite List - 1995 Pearl Drivers Series - Purple Passion

Back in 1995, I was just starting to collect Hot Wheels as a hobby. I knew this one was special when I first saw it. This particular car has been sitting on my shelf for years. What I like about it is the excellent custom design based on the '49 Mercury. Also, the series that this one is from had a pearescent paint theme. Each car in the 4 car series had a special paint job which was part peal, part chameleon. This one looks metalic purple with some green highlights. Although it has been released in many variations over the years,  I most appreciate the colour of this one. It is impossible to show the complex way the light dances off it but if you look closely you can see the green and white highlights.